26 April, 2021

"If you can't afford therapy, do this..." from @therapyforwomen

I found the list of advice below posted on Twitter by Devs Helping Devs, copied from (I assume) the therapyforwomen Instagram account. I can't find the original because Instagram's search is unhelpful. I also can't find a non-image source and I wanted plain text because accessibility helps everyone, so here we are. I love several of these, especially "Build trust with yourself by keeping your word to yourself"; it's a good reminder when I feel like slacking off. Note that I'm not saying this list is an alternative to therapy, just that some of it is good self-help advice for me.

If you can't afford therapy, do this...

@therapyforwomen

  • Follow therapists on Instagram
  • Read self help books
  • Journal or engage in some type of self reflection or self study
  • Practice mindfulness in some capacity
  • Take care of your body (movement, sleeping, sunlight, rest, food etc)
  • Create a support network
  • Learn to set + maintain boundaries
  • Build trust with yourself by keeping your word to yourself
  • Practice self compassion when you slip and mess up on this journey

From therapyforwomen
Found at Devs Helping Devs

1 comment:

  1. i download the audio from psychology videos on YouTube and then listen to these audio clips on my MP3 player. I think i have childhood/complex PTSD and listening to these audio files really helps because they describe all the problems and how to help you get better.

    Also, i do the same for ASMR clips as well and these are very soothing and relaxing.

    Free therapy.

    ReplyDelete