29 January, 2012

A Dog's Last Will and Testament

Before humans die, they write their last will and testament, give their home and all they have to those they leave behind. If, with my paws, I could do the same, this is what I would ask.

To a poor and lonely stray, I'd give:
  • my happy home
  • my bowl and cozy bed, soft pillows and all my toys
  • the lap which I loved so much and the tender loving touch
  • the hand that stroked my fur and the sweet voice which called my name

I'd will to the sad, scared shelter dog, the place I had in my human's loving heart, of which their seemed no bounds.

So, when I die, please do not say, "I will never have a pet again, for the loss and the pain are more than I can stand." Instead, go find an unloved animal, one who's life holds no hope or joy, and give my place to him.

This is the only thing that I can give... the love I left behind.



Text found at Galveston Daily News ["Author anonymous, included in a recently published book in Germany 'Der Verlust eines Hundes' (The Loss of a Dog) by Elli Radinger, translated by Janet Beasley."]
Image found at Sandy Schepis's Google+ stream [click image to view larger]

No comments:

Post a Comment